Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Friday, April 5, 2013

HTT's Friday post on Manila Standard

He leads off the discussion by way of the April 9 holiday.  This holiday used to be called the fall of Bataan, and this has been changed to Araw ng Kagitingan....

My father was in the PMA, and if i may say so, quite the handsome fella.  Women "crushed" over him.... my uncle, Mapagtapat or Tito Ping was in the PMA too and he said, time-and-time again, that my Dad was more handsome than him.  anyways, i think the statement true but yes, both of them were in Bataan.  And they both were in the Death March.  From both their stories, Tito Ping fell ill - so my Dad couldnt escape as he had to take care  of his brother, Capaz  - and the Death March.  How thin Dad was in his pics then.

Dad wasnt talkative, but war is hell indeed.

HTT segues the discussion of the war then into the war of poverty now.  then as now,  war is hell....
read his points.

Click here for HTT's post on surrendering=the-war-against-poverty


rights. tell me, do you know your rightss?

No comments:

Post a Comment