Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pope John XXIII

Yesterday, PDI - or the Philippine Daily Inquirer - featured the canonization of two popes. John the XXIII and John Paul II.

As a  comment in the newspaper, which i shall attempt to reproduce here, i said i also thouight of him as my favorite.  When I was in Grade school - at the College of the Holy Spirit, our Reading book was "Wide, Wide World" - which was the end of a series ... Vistas (a reddish colored book) for Grade 5?, and Cavalcades (an orange colored book) for grade 6.  By the way, San Beda College had the same series, so my male cousins Dodo and Milo Angkaw used the same books as I did

If memory serves, this is where i saw a short lit piece that had :"John and John" as the title. Anyway, in this short item it said that when Jackie Kennedy was newly bereaved from President JFK and was visiting the Pope,  the Pope forgot protocol, and opened his arms and said "Jackie", and hugged her.

I thought that too, was the measure of the man behind the Pope.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment