Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Are you an SSS Member?

Yes?  Are you sure?

If you are sure.....  Why are you sure, or maybe i should ask, how are you sure?
The only real way to be sure is to check your SSS records.

You have got to be sure that your SSS records are correct.
If any of those records are in error, i guarantee that your claims for any and all benefits will take long because SSS  scrutinizes your records for every claim that you file ..... so DO NOT WAIT for a claim to clean-up your records

This is especially true for retirement claims.

First you have to check your personal details -
Is your name spelled correctly?  Is it complete?  Some members have double or triple names and your SSS records should reflect your legal name - your entire legal name.

Have you updated your E4?  Your E4 is the form that corrects personal details -
name, birthday, status (single, married, divorced, widowed), beneficiaries.
Remember many of these changes require proof of legality and correctness

Does your employer remit the proper contributions for you?
Remember, it could be an honest error on their part - and not because they are cheating you

It behooves you to check your contributions.

Are all your employers listed in your records?

Keeping your records straight will definitely facilitate the processing of your claims,
DO NOT wait until retirement before you check ..........


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms. Guia, this is so true. I am facing this problem now and I need your expert advice. I live in the US now, I'm 55 and I know my contributions were short of 120 months so I want to continue as VM. I left the Phils in Feb. 1991. I worked in Co.A year 1983-1985 & in Co.B 1985-Dec.1990. I had SSS remittances on both. I also had an unpaid bal.in my loan in Co.B. I asked my brother to go to SSS to inquire on my contributions & to pay off my loan but there are a lot of errors in the records. SSS records show that I don't have any contributions from Co.A. Co.A was already out of business, so I can't go after them anymore. In Co.B, I had a certification of Contributions & Loan Payments from them which I got before I left. My contributions in Co.B show a total of 57 months while SSS records show only 33 mos. SSS has no records of my contributions from year 1986 & 1987. My employment date is Nov. 1985 while SSS says Oct.1988. Even in my loan payments, SSS is missing 3 of my payments. The Certification I got from Co.B is complete with Qtr. Covered, Amount, OR#, and Date Paid, but the SSS rep. still needs us to get the receipts from Co.B. and R1-A Form. I don't know when I can go home to fix this, but I already started my mo. contribution as VM-OFW. And, since the bal. on my loan ballooned, I decided to also pay half of it to lessen the interest & penalty that are still accruing until the record is corrected. I just wonder why SSS still needs R1-A form and receipts from my employer. Why is the Certification Issued by my employer not sufficient enough even though it has all the needed information? I would very much appreciate any help you can give.

    ReplyDelete