Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

A meeting with friends and officemates

last December 6, the OEVP-Operations

in no particular order
Mamu (Emily Ferrer) with Papu, Hermie Bungay, Ging de la Paz, Tina Sampang, Clarits Vidal, Anabel, Ranil and family

Noel Trinidad had to drive his mom to the province, and Rey Oriel had Lion guests

We trooped over to the Shrine of Santo Nino de Providencia, which was a few meters away from the ancestral home of HT Templo in Las Pinas. We were first-time visitors to the shrine so we were given info and pamphlets and novenas.  We stayed there a while to pray, to ask for blessings and peace in our lives.

Kuya Pat, Ht's man-about-the-house maintains the house and gardens and indeed, they are well-maintained.  I especially took a gander around the gardens, and checked out the flora.  The plants were pretty, and specially the flowering plants.  Horace was very knowledgeable about his plants, but i guess you would too, if you were the person who got the plants and had it planted in the first place.

And the food.  Oh glorious food.  Seafood mainly although there was liempo and the ubiquitous chicken.  I loved the crabs, and the sugpo, and the fish!  i also drank some red wine ....

I had brought over salad greens, and the ladies set about to preparing it.  Ht said there were lots of onions and i had to say mea culpa because i particularly like the sweetness of the onions - they were the red onions.  i also bought over my favorite sesame dressing - because i didnt have time to mix my own.  my friend Alice says she likes my salad dressings .....

Curiosity prompted me to examine his oven, and he willing explained the conceptualization and implementation of the brick oven.  The food was cooked very nicely, that we will all attest to....

Pictures to follow .....

No comments:

Post a Comment