Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The mighty power of the TONGUE


Let’s Pray
Father, I can be so careless with the words I speak. Please forgive me and help me learn how to control my tongue. Create in me a clean heart, God, so that I can speak words filled with grace and love. In Jesus’s name, Amen. 

I thought i would share the prayer i found in my email.  

words have so much power. think Harry Potter.
they have the power to destroy a person, or, to build up a person

if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.
on the other hand, if there is anything good to say, by all means - say it. and say it out loud.


it is the words that hurt, not so much the volume.  imagine that the boss is yelling (what can you do, he has hypertension so he has to release his displeasure somehow ...)

and he says - i do not like the work you submitted.  it lacks analysis in these particular sections (and let us pretend he points to sections of your report)

or this -
and he says - how stupid can you be!  how can you submit a report that lacks substance!  (and points to sections in your report)

there is a great deal of difference between the 2 ways.
one is factual report - he says he does not like the report - and why.
one is an attack, an emotional one

which boss are you? and how careful are you with your words?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment