Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Corregidor: A Trip to the Past

I encourage you to visit Corregidor.  It is an unspoilt beauty, very rough edges - with weapons of war.  Nature and men. Juxtapositions.

Battery. Huge guns.  Heavy artillery.  Caves of the Dead.  Forests.  Monkeys.  Lizards.
Skittering animals.

Memorials.  Honors.  Agonies Remembered.

The white altar was the only one i remembered from the past.  It seemed I had visited that place with my Dad, who was a WWII veteran.  The white dome, the shaft of sunlight.  that stung my memory.

Visit.
Remember the past. Remember the price of freedom.

Enjoy the beach.  Have a barbeque.  Enjoy the pool, too.
and if you are into it, there's a zip line.

the only thing i have to suggest - make it more friendly to individuals who are disabled.
soldiers may want to visit, and see the weapons of war then....

Pictures to follow.  (i have to download from my cameras).

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a trip to the past.

    I was reading STIs website and thought about how Ed H. Sarte started STI and ended up with this website; http://www.sti.edu/about_sti.asp

    I am the 1st generation student then from Pangasinan (Dagupan City) taking up Business Systems modular course in Mile Long Bldg. and visited the main admin (The Glass) building just across the street. It is then that I met "the" founder Ed Sarte... he talked to me a bit, nihi and niho.... charming guy he was. And told me, "you have a very excellent potential in programming, stay and join us."

    I stayed, graduated with honor (GHP) and my first job is to teach in STI-Dagupan City. Stayed in STI for 3 more years before going abroad (as a computer programmer) with co-faculty Julius Garma, a brilliant faculty/programmer girl and radio announcer and few dozens faculties whos names I couldn't remember. I'm now 50yrs old... didn't know that Ed passed away already.

    A friend of mine now has a client in Manila, a friend whos telling me to develop an Android (online solution) app for Namfrel (which is I'm coding right now)... he said Gus Lagman need it. Ok so I'm doing it.... hoping they will remember a once student of STI, and now I own my IT company.

    I miss seeing friends now that I'm 50yrs old... and I'm missing Ed, Gus and Ben chatting and laughing around the corner then. I can't really forget my sorrow reading your "June 29, 2009: Remembering my Friend Edgar H. Sarte" blog which I enjoyed so much and thinking that we pursue life daily and yet we forget sometimes the people who made us.

    Thank you for reminding me of the past. Those persons you mentioned made who I am today. What a blog, keep posting :-)


    Rene Surop
    infoDynamics Consulting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for remembering Ed.
      He created SRI, then STI, but STI was a bigger success than SRI.

      Delete