Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Coloring for Adults - a new? craze? fad?

I was one of those kids who loved to color.

i remember asking for the super duper, double stacked crayons - trademark crayola - for the coloring superiority.  Only crayola provided the best colors then.  i remember this fondly.  i am a little too mature for crayolas now, except when i do the melt-the-crayola-thing on a glass plane for more art work.

i love colors.  you should see my art materials - i have watercolor paints, acrylics, pastels, and oils, and of course, color pencils.  what i dont have is - the time to really indulge.  To do oils, i have to be in a specific frame of mind, and have good light

With the recent coloring craze or fad (how nice for me!), i was steered towards COLORFY, a coloring thingo in the internet. SSS VP Susie Bugante  was the person who showed me how and where.  Fascinating really.  The application is free, but i am feeling inclined to pay to get access to the complex illustrations and additional color.  I have to think about it though.

I just had a debate with my friend Dale from high school who said this application is soo simple - just point and point.  I said it is a beautiful way to stop thinking or to channel thinking into some ... positive thoughts.  I mentioned that coloring manually is fulfilling - of course, you mix the colors manually, overlaying the colors if need be. but you'd have to bring so much stuff.  You need to bring your coloring book (or pad or paper or sketch), your colors, your sharpener, and what not... I also use markers.  Too much equipment to lug around.  I told my friend that in COLORFY - you only need your tablet.

my color stuff in COLORFY is posted in FB but i'll see if i can post some over here.

If you are worried, tense, and need to relax.  I suggest you try this app.  it is a nice one.

No comments:

Post a Comment