Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Getting your deceased spouse's pension

Someone texted me asking for clarification regarding the transfer of a deceased spouse's pension.

They thought the pension of the deceased member would be transferred to the spouse if only if  the spouse was also retired.

So.  This is not correct.

If a member is married, and dies - after contributing at least 36 monthly contributions, the spouse would get a pension.  If a member is married, and is already a pensioner, the spouse gets his pension in full if there is no minor children.


2 comments:

  1. Good day!
    Ma'am ask ko lang po yong mga updated lang po ba mag hulog ang pwedeng mag avail ng mga benefits ng SSS? Kasi po yong papa ko 9yrs na po kasi siyang Hindi nakaka hulog pwede pa po ba siyang mag avail ng benefits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gud po ask kung me makukuha po sa sss adjustment ng tataty ko transfer sa nanay ko kung me makukuha ba kasi pinababalik kami sa branch my mom is 73 yrs old 0313780172 federco rosales die feb 23 2004 pa sana maatus oh malaman kung merun thanks ths is irsh rosales daugther nla my 09424406462

    ReplyDelete