Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

edgar huang sarte - short bio

Edgar Huang Sarte. 

this is what he had told me over the years we had been friends.  if anything here is in error, then he must have been funnin' me about those items. 

born in Polangui, Albay.  Yes, he's a Bicolano.  Polangui is place for seminarians.  he was a seminarian....or so he said. i cannot remember his school days, but one of his good friends is the father of one of my good friends

and so i know how he spent the night before his wedding.  *grins*
but i wont talk about that

He was in sales at IBM, and of the management guys i know said he could sell ice to an Eskimo.  Oh yes, Ed had the gift of gab. It helped that he was very charming.  i only saw him fidget once - when he was meeting with one of the upper management guys.

i thought he was one of those rare gentlemen who could recite poetry.  i cannot remember the title of the poem he recited to one of my best friends, but it was about daffodils swaying in the wind.  i suppose i could google it to find the title, but i would like to remember - eventually.

He was one of the founders of SRI, Systems Resources Inc. - and one of their offices was at Rada, in Makati.  He became one of the consultants at Anscor Insurance Brokers, Inc. where Antonio R-Infante was President.  That's where i met him.  i made many friends at SRI, and Ricky (+) was one of them.  He made a very good programmer at the time, and i used to call him Rikki-tikki-tavi, from Kipling's mongoose.

Since he needed IT people, he established Systems Technology Institute (STI) with Gus Lagman and Herman Gamboa.  and the rest, they say - is history. 

the stint at AIB was to be the start of a long friendship .... that ended only in his death.....
he was cremated at dawn (or early morning if you prefer to be less poetic) on my birthday of that year.....2003


1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss Guia O, I am Shena Sarte del Hugo, Edgar is my Uncle. I miss him a lot, me and my siblings and my mom (his only sister). Thank you for making this short bio. God bless you more.

    ReplyDelete