Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Colossal Thought

Are you a reader? I am.  I read lots of stuff, i think i have mentioned before, from the sublime to the ridiculous, all of them interesting.

i  read for the fun of it, and i come by this love of reading from both sides of the family.  My Mom's family are readers and they have tons of books.  Unfortunately though, the floods in the Sampaloc area during those times have destroyed some of them.  From my Dad's side are all prodigious readers, and all the family have libraries.  Some of those books have been given away.

i must have read over a 1000 books, and i havent included the romance books i read in High School, or numerous Peanuts, and my collection of Calvin and Hobbes.

i try and read all of Neil Gaiman's, and i have a favorite one.

i have books on Socrates, Plato, St. Augustine, and Descartes. I also have books on Lemony Snicket ... and whodunnits galore (Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie, Ruth Rendell, The Cat Who series by Lilian Braun..... and more).

i tend to love fantasy and sci-fi so I have Tolkien, Asimov, StarTrek (TOS, of course), Ray Bradbury, Clarke, and one of the books i love is by Madeleine L'Engle. She wrote A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet .... as a cover of one of those books is supposedly a seraphim.  Yes, and the art work -- see the link --- depicted reminds me of that.


you do remember what seraphims are, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment