Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Remembering my Mom

my Mom.  A wonderful homemaker.  gorgeous woman. she is the exact duplicate of my grandma.
of all her children, i was the one she spent the most time with.  i am single you see.

she told us that we should all learn the basics of homee-making. all of us learnt how to cook, iron, wash, and  clean the house - even the boys because she said what if they married women who knew nothing.  they should show their wives how to do things - and as for us - girls, we mentioned we would try to marry rich men and that we would have kasambahays to help manage the house.  she said, all the more we should know because how would we know what to teach if we didnt know how to do things.

yes, i know how to cook.  the hard stuff, too.  you know, things like pancit luglug, karekare, lechon sauce, embotido, morcon, galantina, bibingka, ensaymada and regular food....

easiest thing i learnt to cook ... meat loaf.  delish meat loaf, but just meat loaf.

one of the hardest things i've had to iron is a man's pina barong tagalog.  yipes.....

i remember times when i slept in the master's bedroom because my dad was away, or when both of them were seniors and my mom was experiencing vertigo, and since i was single, i was nominated to help her stand up, take a bath, go the bathroom, what-have-you since my dad couldnt manage ....

No comments:

Post a Comment