Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A post about Accounting

a dear friend of mine requested two topics for this blog.  one is a post on Accounting, another is on Surveys.  i do not know why these 2 topics are desirable, but here goes

Accounting is a simple retelling, or a method of recording.  For example, in a retelling, after say a soldier reports activities on a battlefield, it can be used by saying, "your unit gave a good accounting at the battle of Gettysburg (for the Union shoulders).....".

This is similar to one's accounting of one's time.  Time is the most expensive item in this world.  If you disagree, then consider this.  Time cannot be begged, borrowed, or recycled, and everyone must strive to make each moment count.

By making moments count, it is not about generating income.  it is about living a life that is full of the important things that make a life worth living.  Love (and i dont mean just the romantic kind), Laughter, Joy, and yes, even tears. It is making a life accountable to its Maker, if you arent an atheist.  That's accounting, too!  An accounting of one's personal life.  Remember "My Way"?

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way



These days though it is mostly used to count and record monies or money transactions.  So these involve keeping financial records, analyzing financial data, and doing audit

If you think about it, Accounting is the simple allocation of items to its "proper" place.  Take for example, an accounting of  one's personal expenses. 

Or in the accounting for one's personal allowance or monies, one may list down all expenses by type of expense, say "food", "groceries", "utilities-power", "utilities-communications", "utilities-power" - and so forth so that one has sub-levels. And so it is.

Of course i havent on the general ledger system of formal accounting, where one has sublevels within sublevels.  Where there are revenue and income accounts that one closes each fiscal year, translating these to GL accounts.  want to know more? drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment