Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Goodreads quote - a question, and an answer?

Have you always known what you want to do?  Steered toward it unerringly?
Has your journey been wild and precious?

My journey has indeed been wild, and strange, and well, hard and fun.
I have met strangers who became friends, and learnt about life in various milieu

I have enjoyed bus rides, talked with my designated drivers, and found friends in my constant companions on the same rides.  

One, who participates in the Boston Marathon, and paints, was like Nick Nolte in Pat Conroy's Prince of Tides.  And I had the idiocy to watch the movic with him.  

I was also with a group waiting for a connecting bus to another county in Brea  Mall - where the wind chill factor was ..., in a word, Brrr. An Irishman, an Indian, a Kenyan, and a Filipino.  We shared our cultures and became friends.  Too bad that distance cant always survive friendships ...

so wild and precious.  Wild. Precious.  I hope you have yours.

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life? 


Happy 79th birthday, Mary Oliver! The Pulitzer Prize-winning poet's daily walks in the woods and wetlands of Provincetown are a central inspiration for her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment