Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Rainy Friday Night

it was rainy.  but we had reservations at Barbara's so we proceeded there.

Manny, Alice, and I were together in their car but the rest of our party went straight there.  Our party got a tad lost, but only because we couldnt stick to my directions since we had paused in the wrong lane and Alice said that Manny had once gotten a ticket for not following....  so 

the food, as Jerry O puts it, was regular. it was okay, and was nothing spectacular. although it seemed the food was tons better when my sister had her wedding reception there. i enjoyed 2 desserts - salad greens and the coffee-sago-and-gulaman-concoction.

Musing




but their entertainment was very good.  we enjoyed the Filipiniana dance, the muslim dance, the pandango sa ilaw, and the tiniklang to just name three. the dancers were graceful and agile, and those who tried were great sports.  i was surprised not to find more foreigners.



and here is the party:  Alice and I are sitting down, then Dale, Manny, Rey?, Hans at Barbara's
The restaurant closed early and i was hankering for coffee, so Adel, not in photo - said we could try some other shop.  We went to three cafes before we hit Starbucks, who was still open for business.

they ate again, but i just had a huge cup of coffee,  probably one of the reasons i stayed up til 3am when i got home.  the other reason was i had to finish my prayers for the day.  twas a little late, but i finished them

me and Dale, and the Elephant
just me and the elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment