Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sunday 8 July 2012 Arts n Friends Exhibit III

Art n Friends - Exhibit III, for the NGO Kidney Friends and other Advocacies

I got Art.  and I want more.  if the pocket can afford it.
Food.  Glorious Food.

Art to me is beauty and spirit, and a wham to the heart.
without that wham or bang to the heart, the art is not for me.

Art has to hit me where i live, for me to want it, or for it to belong to me

So. I went to the Exhibit.  Not just for the Art, of course, but for the laughter with friends.

me. Tita Cherry. Alice. Sis-n-law of  Dr Coni


I got these."The Sun will come out Tomorrow", my title for Amihan Abueva's quilling work.  Alice is holding the art work.

A bunch of cards for a variety of events that will surely come my way. 
A butterfly/flower design by Giselle.  I need her to frame it.
A poster print from an upcoming Anime artist ...to be given to my nephew Japoy Ongchangco


and these i want -
A photo titled Circle of Life, but one i prefer to call - Life Triumphant
-- i was just updated.  it has been sold to another art lover
and another piece - of the sun, and 2 companions
The Art Book  of Napoleon Abueva.
The sun, and 2 figures.... i am hoping it is still there





and this that i cannot afford at this time.
in metal, Abueva's black trinity kalabaw (my name for it)
done in smooth black - that is just wonderful to touch
2 adult na kalabaw  nestling a tiny one between them
though the metal is cold, one can feel the love.
if i cannot get this, surely the one who is able to have this will be lucky
to hold that love in his possession
the tag price ---- over half a million in phil pesos, but truly worth the price methinks


Manny, Boy (Angel Lebanan), Alice, me



 
more Abueva pieces will be blogged separately.



No comments:

Post a Comment