Things That Make My Day

Things That Make My Day
Think. Ideas. Do.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Philippine Science High School

Happy Anniversary!

PSHS was established in 1964 and 1969 saw the first graduates of the Philippine Science High School.

My cousin (his mom and my dad are siblings), Rene Ongchangco Lorenzana (+) was among the first graduates.  my lolo Sixto (+) was so proud of him. 

my mom thought that her children was at least just as bright as he was and she set about researching how to get into the school for the gifted.  so. she succeeded with me as i am also a graduate of the Philippine Science High School, with honors yet. 

my 2 siblings followed me. 

i attended the reunion tonight - and i was with these batchmates - sorted alpha by first names

Alice Sibal Lim
Andrew Dimacali
Carl Dawang - flying overseas tomorrow
Dode Arcilla
Beth San Agustin Yazon
Jimmy Valena
Lito Sibayan
Manny Lim
Rosel Doval-Santos
Xen Yazon

that made 11 of us for our batch

Tylette Moreno, Nina Santos Keppler dropped by our table for chitchat.

batch 87 was the main hosting batch as they were celebrating their 25th.
the food was good, and the lechon was superb.  i only ate a little, well - because i cant afford to eat a lot.
my stomach would get upset and i do NOT want my tummy upset

the elected people are as follows.
ONGCHANGCO-DIAZ, Theresa Anne O. “Yeyet”
FLAVIER, Jonathan David A. “Jondi”
BARANDA, Edmund Jason G. “EJ”
SANTIAGO-EUBANAS, Gina Antonina E. “Gina”
ESPINO, Jan-Michael B. “Jan”
STA. MARIA, Victor David T. “David”
BUCAYAN, Julianito Jr. G. “Jubucs”

i voted for 3 people here.  the other person i voted for was Danny Silvestre, batch 73
alas, he didnt garner enough votes.  i guess a lot of grads didnt know him.

will update for the pics.



Dode, me, Rosel, Alice, Carl - pointing to Benita's picture





this time with Manny




The lovebirds - Alice and Manny by the Arc de Triomphe, Sayans style




Standing:  Lito, Manny, Sonchi, Dode, Alice, me, Droo with Carl, Beth, Rosel




Alice and I

No comments:

Post a Comment